Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Curried Butternut Squash and Mushroom Soup

 The Squash Soup called for Butternut Squash. I did not take into account that Acorn Squash is not available in Houston the heat of the summer....so I substituted yellow squash. I think the soup would have been a bit better if the correct squash had been used. Still it was not too bad.
 I used my Ninja for the blending. I LOVE my Ninja! It is perfect when you need to get soups really smooth. I think yellow squash has a higher water content than Butternut squash so the consistency was thinner than I would have liked.
 As usual, I added more of each spice than the recipe called for. I always think this is necessary. Also, the Moosewood recipes tend to be a little flat so I added some additional salt to taste....to too much. Just enough. Chip and I both thought that the orange juice in the recipe was a little overpowering. This could be due to the substitution of squash. I am looking forward to making this again and using butternut squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment